let's find your new home
Nanaimo, Nanoose Bay, Parksville, Qualicum Beach
Parksville’s hidden gem! A charming and private rancher located within minutes to the ocean. Tucked away at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac is this bright and inviting property complete with a 2bed 1bath main home and a detached studio space perfect for a small business owner, in-law suite or for out of town guests. The main house features open concept kitchen/living/dining, bright windows, large kitchen with ...
COMPLETELY TRANSFORMED, practically New & Fully updated rancher located on a quiet cul-de-sac in Qualicum Woods! New open concept floor plan. All New doors & windows, New Napoleon gas fireplace, New Heat pump with A/C, New hardwood flooring & fixtures. The New Custom kitchen features beautiful white shaker cabinets, pullout pantry, farmhouse sink, quartz countertops & backsplash. Custom made island with bowli...
Nestled amongst the beauty of the natural landscape you will find this fabulous private family home featuring the sounds of a natural waterfall from Enos Creek that borders the property, fenced in garden w raised beds, rose bushes & plum tree. This custom home boasts 4 bed & 2 baths providing a great floor plan, also offers a cozy bright in-law suite for family or added income. Main floor kitchen, living, din...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Alexander is a true entrepreneur! He relocated to Vancouver Island with his young family all the way from Ontario where he first got his start in real estate at the young age of 22, investing in rental properties. Renovating, managing and growing a successful portfolio has given Alexander extensive knowledge and experience in the Real Estate industry. Along side real estate, he has also owned and operated a very successful business that has propelled his business and customer service skills to an exceptional level. Alexander is enthusiastic about life on the island and is excited about applying all of his skills to helping people with all their real estate needs!