Updated Rancher with classic character. This bright 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home nestled between Parksville & Qualicum Beach exudes charm with custom wainscotting & coffered ceilings in the Bedrooms, a beautifully done custom Kitchen that's open to the Dining & Living areas with a cozy gas fireplace. There's a deck off the kitchen leading to the covered back patio where you can enjoy the well manicured grounds w...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Victoria Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
I pride myself on giving every client of mine the utmost personal service. I truly enjoy helping people, in the end what matters most is your satisfaction.
A little about myself: In 2017 I moved to the Parksville/Qualicum area with my Wife and two young daughters all the way from Ontario where I first got my start in Real Estate at the young age of 22, investing in income properties, renovating, managing and growing a successful portfolio has given me extensive knowledge and experience in the Real Estate Industry. Alongside Real Estate, I also owned and operated a successful business as an International Certified Arborist, I still love to climb trees! I also spent many years in the Snowboard Industry, as professional rider and coach, and eventually designing, building and maintaining a world class terrain park well into my thirties. Now that my riding days are mostly behind me (still sneak out to the mountains as much as possible daughters in tow) Im able to focus on my young family and Real Estate career. Giving back to my local community is very important to me, Im a volunteer firefighter with Errington Volunteer Fire Department, being a First Responder is hard work at times but also very rewarding and Im honoured to be a part of this fantastic community.
Thanks for reading my Bio, buying and selling Real Estate can be and is stressful, I provide a chill and relaxed attitude paired with expert advice & industry knowledge and this helps from start to finish.